Monday, February 7, 2022
Have you just finished school, college or university and seeking to land your first real job?
Making that first impression at your job interview is so crucial and with so many others also expected to be in the same shoes as you, it’s so important that make your mark in that first meeting.
These tips will really help you along the way during what can sometimes be a daunting interview process.
- Most of the time, you will be expected to dress formal. Make sure you’re not wearing something that will make you too hot. You don’t want to be sweaty during your interview.
- It never hurts to double-check the day and time of the interview. Arriving late is just as bad as missing the day entirely. It’s also an idea to check the directions or to maybe just turn up ahead of time just in case.
- Be prepared to be asked the standard questions and have your answers memorised. Most questions will include things like ‘what do you know about our company?’ ‘Where do you see yourself fitting in?’ or ‘What do you think you can bring to our company?’
- This may seem obvious but make sure you know your CV inside out. They may ask you something about your past and it’s important to pinpoint any details you may need to recall.
- It always impresses the interviewer if you’ve looked up and researched the company and/or job you’re applying for. Have some questions ready to ask them at the end of the interview when they ask you if you have anything to ask. Look interested.